Friday, January 18, 2008

more data is needed

I have a 41 mile commute to work - luckily this is 99% freeway travel, or I would have to start killing people.

The Highway Patrol is very diligent along this stretch of road - I have seen - and I shit you not, eight HP cars along my route. They just pull over driver after driver (this is the middle of nowhere, and the speed limit is 70mph, so of course everyone goes 85).

(I limit myself to 76, for the record. I've yet to get pulled over.)

I recently wrestled the digital voice recorder from Cindy and have taking it with me on my commute. Mostly I come up with blog post concepts, no Great American Novel epiphanies yet.

With so much Highway Patrol activity, I thought I would keep track of which cars were pulled over, and see if there was any truth in the old wives' tale that red cars get pulled over more often. Since I started keeping track, I've only seen two vehicles pulled over - they were both white. The weird thing is, as soon as I started keeping track, the HP has been almost nonexistent. Maybe they're guarding a different stretch of road, letting us drop our guard?

I'll keep you posted!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment