Thursday, March 03, 2005

An Unbiased Opinion, Please!

I need help!

That short story I wrote the other day lingers in my mind.

Cindy read it, but it's not really her genre.

It's odd and obscure and depressing, I'd say.
But is it any good at all? It's only 1500 words, take a peek?

I'm not skilled at judging / editing my own work.

I know there are parts I enjoy, but is it just the sloppy wordplay that I like?
Is there any degree of style and skill, or just random dabs of a heavy brush?

Do I like it 'cause I made it, and it makes sense to me?
Can anyone else actually follow it?

Please please, kind persons, take a look, and tell me if it's crapola or if it's worth submitting to professionals who read copy and pay writers to write.

I'll scratch your fiction if you scratch mine! Let's make a deal!

I promise to be thorough and honest!

Help and thank you.

3 comments:

  1. woo-woo Mike comes out w/a bit of fiction! exciting times!

    what does your group say??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writing group is supposed to meet tonight!

    Since 'The Group' is just me and Michelle and Liz, I'm not gonna get that much feedback.

    ...And Michelle already read it. That's why I'm asking the readers their opinion.

    You know, The Readers. All 1 of them. :o) You know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 AM

    ok--you cheeky writer you. i've posted a comment on the other blog--hope you all have a great weekend.

    btw--you probably have a huge fanbase of reader--just lazy readers who don't want to have fun!

    SQmojo

    ReplyDelete