Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hey Ma, Guess Who I Saw!

As the precognitive or highly astute among you already know, we have a 90% chance of moving cross-country very very soon.
.
That said, there's still a lot that I never took the time for while we lived in Los Angeles. Stuff like, go to a taping of The Tonight Show. But it turns out that attending a taping of The Tonight Show is a long and arduous process and takes literally your whole day, so I never got around to it. Plus, Johnny is gone and he was my first and last late-night love.
.
Unlike Dooce, I never got around to dating Soap stars, but I did run into a small number of somewhat famous people. And by 'run into' I mean 'come within 20 feet of'. I would never rush up to someone and make a scene or ask for someones autograph. But it's cool to actually see these folks in person and congratulate yourself for not making a scene. I know the somewhat famous people I ran into appreciated it.
.
Now, this list is pretty short considering I've lived in the area since 1997 - but you have to realize that I live about 45 minutes from Los Angeles, and only go from the house to work and home again. Oh, and 93% of the time, I never look at the faces of the people around me - So I've probably shared an elevator with The Lord Jesus Christ a few times and not known it.
.
People I Ran Into While I Lived in Los Angeles:
.
Carrie Fisher (At the Los Angeles Book Fair)
Kevin Smith (At the Los Angeles Book Fair)
Nicholas Sparks (At the Los Angeles Book Fair)
Colm Meany (He was chillin in the Arrivals area of LAX).
Pamela Anderson (Filming an episode of VIP in Chinatown)
Kristine Sutherland (At the Ontario Mills Mall)
Tracy Chapman (Waiting to see Princess Mononoke in Hollywood)
Crispin Glover (At the Nuart in Santa Monica)
Johnette Napolitano (At a club in Hollywood)
John Cameron Mitchell (At a club in Hollywood)
Buddy Ebsen (He called the store where I worked)
Tito Ortiz (At my work)
Chuck Liddel (At my work)
.
I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten...

3 comments:

  1. God damn it. You've met Chief O'Brian, Sunny's met Scotty...

    But do I get to meet Data, or Worf?

    No.

    Life Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I shouldn't mention seeing Walter Koenig when I was in Cleveland, then...

    ReplyDelete