Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Marinate on it.

I have a Gmail category that I use for Blog Topics - like the 'Story Ideas' category that I've mentioned before. As I'm working or what have you, a blog topic will come to me, I email it to myself and it goes into the proper folder. I'm down to the last Blog Topic.

It's a tricky one.

Some ideas are only funny in your head - if you tried to actually write them, they would never do justice to the mental germ. You could distill them down and lose what made the idea great, or expand to a vast word count, making your point but ultimately losing everyone's interest.

The last remaining Blog Topic is 'Batman's Cooking Show', where The Dark Knight would very calmly and seriously make the most simple and basic meals.

Like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which he would make with careful and meticulous description, extolling the virtues of marmalade over other jellied fruit preserves. He would be utterly deadpan as he fired salvo's of marmalade onto the bread using the weapons-grade dispenser from his utility belt.

The segment on 'Why Wonder Bread is - Well, Wonderful (and How to Choose a Fresh Loaf)' would be delivered with a gravity duplicated only in scenarios where the bomb squad talks a civilian through disarming a nuclear missile over a cheap walkie-talkie.

"I'm Batman, this has been 'Cooking With Batman' and I hope you'll join us again next time..."

4 comments:

  1. Now that's an idea for a podcast!

    If you got Adam West to sign on as Batman, I think it would be quite amusing. Of course, maybe that's because he amuses the hell out of me everytime he appears on Family Guy as, well, himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, if Batman had a cooking show, I'd watch it.

    Heheheh...He could even say things like "Pow!" and "ZZZZing!" as he cooked things.

    Hey, if that Emiril Asshole can do it, the Caped Crusder would be amazing at it.

    ...'Bam!' my ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of the guest chef he could have each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--it could only work with Adam West.

    ReplyDelete