Thursday, March 23, 2006

You can check out any time you like

As you know, we're moving to Miami in May. We don't know how much of our stuff we're keeping, and so we're not yet sure how we'll get said stuff to The Home of Ultimate Hurricane Disasters, aka The Third Nipple of America. (Did you know the State Bird of Florida is the Mosquito?)

Also, Tsunami.

Will we have someone ship all our stuff? Schlep it all in a big truck? And then there are the two cars - will we pull a car behind the truck? Ship a car as freight? Have a friend drive one and then pay to fly them home? Ugh.

In considering all the moving stuff, I've had to look back over my time in California - I've been here since 1997. At this point, I have only one person to say goodbye to, since I've lost touch with the other friends I made in the state.

To be fair, most of them were single women, most of whom I was at some point wooing with my geeky ways, going to museums and/or gathering them all together for rousing sessions of The X-Files Role Playing Game (of my own invention, dat's right) and wowing them with my ability to write inane and entertaining storylines worthy of Chris Carter himself.

(Ladies, you have never been woo'd as I woo. John Wu style, with dice in each hand, aw yeah bitches. Just be glad I'm now spoken for! None can resist!)

All those girl pals are long lost at this point, and I told the one guy friend I have that I was leaving California in May just last night. I have to come to the conclusion that if you spend nearly 10 years in a state and have only 1 person to say goodbye to, you're definitely doing something wrong.

3 comments:

  1. Nice choice of picture, though it's very sad.

    So many things to comment on... wooing... X-Files RPG... third nipple...

    I guess my comment will be this: you have Cindy, so really, what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Considering it's California, it might just mean you're straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad picture - yeah, I'm sad to leave California. Life is easy and laid back here. Maybe that's why we need to leave?

    There's that song that says something like "Live in New York, but leave before you get too hard - live in California, but leave before you get too soft."

    It might be too late.

    ReplyDelete