Monday, March 06, 2006

I don't know what I'm talking about

I'm not a political animal. A large part of the reason is that I just don't care - my simple, boring lifestyle isn't being effected or limited in a noticeable way. I don't have kids or own a house, so school taxes and interest rates don't seem to apply as directly to me. This is probably not true, but that's how it feels.
.
Another reason I'm not all that political is that keeping up to date with all of the daily political bullshit is a pain in the ass. So many of the people involved in the process on all sides behave like idiots, that it's irksome to wade though the BS.
.
This weekend while running errands I passed a group of people near the mall who were waving anti-Bush signs. A few hours later I passed by again and they were still there. I respect their right and choice to speak their minds, but isn't there a more productive way to channel their energies? Bush will be in office for another 1050 days or so - waving signs isn't going to change that.
.
How about spending your time working to elect a really great person as President for the next term?

3 comments:

  1. I think you’ve just captured my frustration with some folks who fancy themselves political advocates… sometimes their efforts just seem misplaced and futile… their “causes” bordering… teetering… tottering on the out-right ridiculous. But… in a way… it is like medicine for the mind and soul for them I suppose… tackle the easy, the preposterously easy… and at least they can go to bed at night and feel like they’ve done something… Political-holics… sedatives for the politically minded

    Oh yes, and agreed.

    ReplyDelete