Friday, April 14, 2006

My Good Luck Charm

I may not have mentioned it before, but I have a bona fide good-luck charm... Her name is Cindy.

She left a job, a comfortable home, her family, and her car to move 3000 miles cross-country to be with me.

When she moved in, I had:
No car
Scurvy
An efficiency apartment
A gap-toothed smile
A crappy government job

~~~~~

Just a few short years later, we have:
Two cars
A healthy glow
A two bedroom apartment
Glistening and perfect pearly whites
A job that pays twice as much as the original one

~~~~~

I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a damn miraculous change of fate. She should travel the earth and do humanitarian / missionary work or something, I feel guilty keeping all this luck amongst ourselves.

PS: Am I just a wicked person, or does the word 'missionary' have an unfortunate sexual connotation?

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, that's so sweet.

    Tell me..... When she wants something, does she remind you about her moving 3000 miles and giving up everything to marry you?

    I get that sometimes from u-no-hoo
    ;-)

    Sorry bout the delete above, but I typed in one too many zeros in 3000.

    Paulius says to tell Cindy he has her beat by 652 miles in the moving thing.
    He is SOOOOO competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she does, but very rarely. I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a good luck charm. If you ever visit Ohio bring her along. :)

    ReplyDelete