Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Proh and Khan # 3

A series of 13th Century scrolls were recently unearthed from a tomb in Eastern Mongolia. They chronicle the philosophical discourses of Genghis Khan and his best buddy, Jin Proh. The following is a precise translation from the original Mongolian...

Proh: One shoe or no shoes?

Khan: What?

Proh: Say you're sitting on a rock putting on your shoes, and some guy runs past you and grabs your backpack. But you've only put on one shoe. Do you chase him down wearing one shoe, or do you kick it off and chase after him barefoot?

Khan: How about I just throw my knife and kill him without even getting up off my rock?

Proh: Good plan. But what if you don't have your knife?

Khan: I always have my knife.

Proh: Even when you're naked?

Khan: So I'm sitting, naked, on a rock and putting on my shoes?

Proh: Sure. Your clothes got washed away in a flood.

Khan: But not my shoes.

Proh: Right. The Shoe Gods were smiling upon you that day.

Khan: Of course they were. Wait - what idiot in his right mind is going to steal The Great Khan's backpack?

Proh: He doesn't recognize you without all your bling.

Khan: I'm done talking to you.

Proh: Oh! Fine. I see. Just let some random backpack thief steal the engravings I brought you all the way from the freakin Russia in the dead of winter. Great.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but Khan does have a point.

    So does Proh - all men look like frogs, naked. And without bling.

    ReplyDelete