Friday, April 07, 2006

Secretive Etcher Secrets - REVEALED!

I'm opposed to bumper stickers. Not on other people's cars - on someone else's car, a bumper sticker can be hilarious.

But not on my car. What if I put a Family Guy sticker on my car, and some Family Guy-hating-zealot comes along with a tire iron and smashes all my windows? Is my appreciation for edgy animated comedy worth getting my car vandalized?

No. Ditto for musical groups, religious symbols, political groups, and signs announcing the presence of an infant on board my vessel. What if some crazed person is madly driving around town, trolling for a baby to replace the one he accidentally left in the dishwasher too long? No thank you.

I've seen cars with all insignia removed. You look at it, and you can tell it's a Honda Civic, but no-where on the car does it say so. I approve of this practice, but 1) It seems pretentious and 2) It's too much work.

5 comments:

  1. Bumper Sticker for Etcher:

    "I Agree With You!"

    The one type of bumper sticker I hate is the show-off:

    "My kid in on the honor roll at (whatever school)"

    I mean, as if that kids doesn't have enough problems with getting beat up at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a bumper sticker person either... although i saw a SUV with three stickers and i thought ... i could probably be friends with that person.

    1. i'm not myself today, maybe i'm you
    2. everybody does better when everybody does better
    3. are we over the rainbow yet

    if you know this person, tell them i love them.
    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people announce the quantity and names of their children with jaunty stick figure stickers on the back of the mini van? There should be a separate sticker that says "kidnapper" next to little Timmy's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This Post Rocks" isn't edgy but could work.

    Me? I have 56 bumper stickers plastered to my neon, meassges crying out for people to save the world forest and to "THINK Globally; ACT Locally."

    I also save all of my Happy Meal Toys and super glue them to the hood--over 72 at this point. My favorite little figure is the bobble-head Stich on a surf board--you know, from Disney's "Lilo & Stich." What a whacky alien!

    Although these emblems _might_ say something about me as a person and target me for ridicule, or even perhaps some bit of violence, I believe the meassage I carry to all those around me is certainly worth the risks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paulius: I only agree with people who make sense - you are one of the rare people who do.

    Amy: Hear hear! I agree with you!

    Vicarious: You so funny.

    Sq: I too love Stitch! I don't know whether or not to believe that you have Happy Meal toys glued to your hood. I just don't have enough data to make a declarative decision. I mean, I would imagine the sun would bleach them pretty quickly...

    ReplyDelete