Thursday, April 13, 2006

Ohmygod Ohmygod Ohmygod!

Send one of those Honda commercial crabs over to pinch me...

What started out as a long shot, pipe-(wet)-dream has come to pass, holy shit!

A couple of weeks ago, I tentatively broached the possibility of my keeping my current job despite moving to Florida - and all the Powers That Be enthusiastically embraced the idea.

It's always been a dream of mine to work from home - roll out of bed, use the bathroom, and shuffle peacefully into my home-office area. Read the new work emails, scratch myself in a completely improper way, and get to work.

...Did I mention I would be naked? Certainement!

To be sure, working from home will have its downside (like, you're always at work, they can call you day or night, and your spouse will probably expect you to do their laundry for them) but I have this vision in my minds eye, it's beautiful I tell you...

I get up early, go to the gym, come home and eat breakfast, and then take my laptop to the Barnes and Noble across the street from home. Then I buy a vanilla frappucino and sit down with my laptop. Then I get to work.

It's a simple dream, but I am a simple man.

4 comments:

  1. w00t! Congrats, that rules! Now we can bug you with comments and e-mails without feeling guilty about interrupting you at work. Eh, who am I kidding, I never felt guilty for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Hell YEAH!

    A DREAM come TRUE, MC!!!


    Doing the ENDZONE DANCE for ya!

    Some people have all the luck!

    I would reccomend that you wear clothes to do the B&N part, tho. They can be real sticklers for the rules about clothes and stuff.
    :-)

    Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go. I'd love to work from home, but only if I first loved my job. As it is, I'm happy to keep them separate so I can (sometimes) hate one while relishing in the sanctuary of the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!

    If I where you, the first thing I'd do on my first day of working from home, is email my bosses and tell them about this super talented guy who came all the way from England, who your company would just be stupid to not offer an e-commuting job to.

    Seriously though, you lucky, lucky barsteward

    ReplyDelete