Monday, September 19, 2005

All the things she said, runnin' through my head

Hello to our readers in Appleton, Wisconsin - childhood home of Harry Houdini!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Our readers? Mike, do you have a little friend I should know about?) No, I just thought 'our' sounded better. And - you know, includes all the personalities. (Just how many are there?) Seven, at last count. Most of them are friendly, it's all good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eureka!

I had this idea years ago, but it came back to me last night, and I think now is the time to unleash it upon the world.

It's a product, mostly for teens, with the just right mix of appeal - active defiance for the kids and opposition from the parents.

It's a hickey stencil. It's a sticker applied to the skin at the desired location. Your sweetheart then applies the necessary suction. Peel off the stencil sticker, and voila, a temporary tattoo without the ink. The only color would be red, of course...

Although, 'Hickey Stencil' is a pretty dull name. Need to punch it up a bit... Love Tattoo? wait, wait -

Luv Tattoo X!!, YEAH.

Some other names might be better... Crush Medal, Skin Valentine, Flesh Note, Lust Scar, Lick Letter... Hmn, these are all pretty bad names.

Once Luv Tattoos were released, I could expect parental groups to rise up in alarm and give me lots of publicity, news spots, and etc. Yes thank you!

I can foresee kids wearing any conceivable image: their sweetie's initials, band logos, sports logos, political messages, school mascots, leopard spots and yes, curse words. Soon kids can and will be suspended for a week thanks to The EtchCo Luv Tattoo.

I'd be so proud.

Undercover marketing! Cute young things being paid by alcohol and tobacco companies to be seen out in public sporting the newest slogan for their latest designer drugs.

Of course, some kids would overdo and end up with permanent hickey tattoos, and spend the rest of their lives advertising their love for Ol' Dirty Bastard. Possibly cute when you're sixteen, kind of a problem at a job interview, age 35.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if that's the same reader I have from Appleton, WI. Come on, cheesehead, show yourself.

    (note: My wife is from Wisconsin, so I mean cheesehead in a kind, friendly way.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- I love the idea!

    I've been toying with the idea of a tattoo myself for a while(something VERY small, but I don't wanna get it and then hate it.

    Henna ones dont appeal to me.I think they are just UGLY.

    Your Luv Tattoos would be the ideal thing for a trial.(My mom hates the idea of me getting a tattoo so I could re-live some of that rebellious teen angst stuff too!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea, might stop all those people getting cartoon characters and stuff to stop.

    I have a tattoo, but I put a lot of thought into it before hand (I got it beofer tattoos became a fashion item).

    I think that people forget that while fashion moves on, tattoos are permanent (unless the next fashion is for big ugly scars where you've had them removed).

    Anyway, I've got lots of lurkers too...wonder why they never comment?

    ReplyDelete