Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What's Up, Will?

Shakespeare popped in for a visit last night - (I have a friend with a special Delorean, long story...).

He was delighted to learn that we still read and perform his stuff - I showed him the Complete Works of Him that we keep handy, and he was tickled pink, flipping through.

A couple of things that he said stuck with me:

"This one is Marlowe's, damn it."
and
"Three of the best ones are missing."

He really perked up when I said "Who's Marlowe?"

He gave me the biggest hug.

3 comments:

  1. This may just be the BOHF in me talking, but...

    Get your friend with the special delorean, go back, get the Bard to sign over the rights to all his work to you. Go 'back to the future', collect a few squijillion in royalties, then go back to see Bill and split the proceeds!

    Gravy!

    Any chance of a few bucks coming this way for coming up with the idea?

    (Oh, and neat literary reference...that's what I went to university for, so one day I could read this, think "Hah! Bet not very many people got THAT!" and feel all superior.

    What a warm fuzzy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!

    How's this for a book title: 'Everything I Know About Shakespeare, I Learned From Tom Stoppard'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job, playing to the ego.

    Perhaps he and Marlowe are one in the same? Pseudonyms, split personality? Hmm, anyone? No? Ok.

    ReplyDelete