Monday, November 21, 2005

An Arteest Unappreciated in His Time

Him: You know... Roofs are underutilized, especially at the mall.

Her: How so?

Him: Well, there's all that space, and it's not used for anything. I mean, in California with the weather so mild. They could do something with that space.

Her: Such as?

Him: Wedding receptions. You could put up a big pavilion tent, it would be fine. And it would easy to find, cause it's at the mall.

Her: People would fall off the roof - lotsa drinking goes on at receptions.

Him: We'd use those rent-a-fences like at construction sites.

Her: What about bathrooms?

Him: There are bathrooms at the food court.

Her: People are supposed to use food court bathrooms in all their finery?

Him: Sure, why not?

Her: No.

Him: Okay, porta-potties.

Her: Finery.

Him: Really nice porta-potties. Stylish.

Her: No.

Him: You never like my ideas.

Her: I like the ones with indoor plumbing.

7 comments:

  1. I'll take your side on this one. I was at a wedding recently with porta-potties. Finery/no finery, that's what there was.

    I just waited until I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No- No- No....

    Sorry but NO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have to side against you on this one. The people I know who would think that getting married on the roof of a mall is a good idea are the same people who would, after a beer or two, take bets on how much weight those rent-a-fences could hold before they finally topple over and allow the distance jumping games to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Lizard, you say that as if it's a bad thing.

    I look on that as Darwinian evolution at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be worse. There's a business in england that rents out inflatable churches for weddings.

    http://www.inflatablechurch.com/

    When brick just won't do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. porta-pottie tipping on roof:
    not a pretty picture.
    finery or no.

    [well written post though--nice handling of dialogue--whatever happened to your writing group??]

    ReplyDelete
  7. SQ - Thanks for the kind, undeserved words!

    The writing group fell prey to disastrously different work schedules - and humans are lazy, me especially.

    ReplyDelete