Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bad Dream Bad Dream Bad Dream

Setting:
Bally's Total Fitness (Showers)

Dramatis Personae:
Mike, Naked Soapy Dude #1, Naked Soapy Dude #2, Guy in a Suit

~~~~~

Chorus: Oh, for a Muse of sudsy wetness, that would ascend the cleanest shower stall of invention, a gym for a stage, pudgy dudes to act, and fellow bloggers to behold the swelling scene!

Mike: (scrubbing and singing) ...she got a baby by Busta, my best friend said she used to **** with Usher, I don't care what none y'all say, I still love her...

Guy in a Suit: Excuse me.

Mike: (naked, sudsy) Wha?

Guy in a Suit: Yes, hi. Were you the guy on the exercise bike reading The Da Vinci Code?

Mike: (naked, annoyed) Um, no.

Guy in a Suit: Are you sure?

Mike: Very.

Guy in a Suit: I'd like to invite you to our church. Here's my card. The van can come pick you up if you don't have a ride.

5 comments:

  1. That seems like it's not the way to convert sinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I was initially concerned about the content of this dream after reading the dramatis personae.

    Just one question though - did you have to get dressed to go in the van or would they have been ok if you'd gone naked and soapy? What the hell kind of church was this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were we missing some naked soapy guys in that exchange?

    And where exactly were you to put that card? Was it laminated? What kind of church, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh oh!

    no--really! this is it!

    THIS ONE HAS TO BE PUBLISHED!!


    seriously--the world must know! I'm sharing this with Sarah--she a zine, man, a zine . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. what? Ha ha ha ha ha... Church goers have got to Learn a few things. I'd never do that.

    ReplyDelete