Friday, November 04, 2005

Classical Music 101

I've been listening to classical music radio while driving these last few months, because it's far less annoying than conventional radio (unless it's pledge week, damn).

I've learned a few surprising things, namely that a bunch of theme songs that I thought were modern inventions were actually written hundreds of years ago.

Examples:

The theme to Alfred Hitchcock Presents was written in 1872 by Charles Francois Gounod and is taken from 'Funeral March Of A Marionette'

The theme to Benny Hill was written in 1403 by Mikhail Gordokov, and is taken from the 'A Night of Nun Chasing' a Violin Concerto in C.

The theme to Diff'rent Strokes was written in 1558 by Hans Mueller, and is taken from 'Wet and Wild' a sonata for harpsichord.


One of those is actually true.

~~~~~~~~~~

My NaNoWriMo progress -
5178 words

4 comments:

  1. hahahah
    you wrote:
    The theme to Diff'rent Strokes was written in 1558 by Hans Mueller, and is taken from 'Wet and Wild' a sonata for harpsichord.


    and you knock my spam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually knew the true one already (well, not date or composer, but the name anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nun Chasing eh? Sadly, I'll have to go with the Funeral March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. British Comedy...

    Old men chasing women around to dorky music since 1804.

    ReplyDelete