Saturday, October 14, 2006

2 NaNoWriMo's Per Year?

My new job starts October 30th, just in time to screw up my hopes for NaNoWriMo. The first 6 weeks at the job will be training classes, and I'll want to spend my off-time studying and getting lots of rest.

A 1666.66 word session (one day's progress, breaking 50,000 words into 30 days) usually takes me about 3 hours, if it's any good at all. Training periods are not a time for burning the midnight oil, so unless the training is very easy, I soak it all up like a sponge, and I have nothing but free time at home, I'm gonna have to skip NaNoWriMo this year, damn it.

I've spent 99% of my working life jumping from one small company to another, and it was great at the time, but not a good way to build a career. I'll probably stay with big corporations from here on out (just for the next 30 years or so...).

Hmn, I wonder if the FX network would be interested in doing NaNoWriMo as a 30 Days episode? Probably not interesting enough, compared to most of their topics.

In the past, Cindy has pointed out that November is a bad month for a lot of people (such as, those in retail) and that there should be a NaNoWriMo in the Spring, as well. It's a good idea, what can we do to make it happen?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, good excuse, new job and all. I won't pester you to be my writing partner again this year, but next year you'd better be ready.

    Totally agree with you guys: who put NaNo on the same month with a major (US) holiday, where most of us are pretty much assured to be in a Tryptophan-incuded coma during the last weekend, anyway?

    ReplyDelete