Thursday, October 12, 2006

a # of unrelated thoughts

Help me, internet!

There are 3 things troubling me lately, and I don't know of an efficient way to look them up:

1) What is it called, where those fat men put a giant top hat over their head and shoulders, prance around with no shirt on, with eyes and a creepy mouth painted on their torso? It's some kind of performance piece, but I could not find it with a google search.

2) What is it called, when you just put two eggs in the skillet and simply stir them up as they cook? It's like scrambled eggs, but without the proper ingredients and mixing. For lack of a better term, I'm calling it "Lazy Man's Scramble".

~~~~~

SquirrleyMojo claims I performed a
Mise en scène in my last post. Since I did...that thing she said I did... without knowing what it is, that must mean I be genius. Yes, brilliant am me. Although... When your writing progresses to the point when it is best described using French terminology, (roman à clef, avant-garde, merde) it might be a good sign you've gotten too pretentious.

Or German terms, for that matter... (with the possible exception of farfignugon) - -

3) Yes, I know that I misspelled 'farfignugon' - can anyone clue me in on the correct spelling? A gold star awaits you.
.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Go with "whistling belly" or "belly button whistling" or any such permutation. Thought they really should have their own guild.

    2. I would say that is just a variant of scrambled. Perhaps you could call it "skittle scrambled" eggs, since you aren't prescrambling them.

    3. Fahrvergnügen.

    Where's my gold star?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vunderbar, Sir Kato! Your star is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Scary

    2. Scrambled eggs, or perhaps eggs over oops.

    3. Far Fig Newtons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My star is awesome, thanks.

    I like "eggs over oops".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only _wish_ we were avant-garde! [Althought the performance piece you describe in #1 would count, if only it wasn't so, well, kitsch.]

    ReplyDelete