Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Word Verification? ? ?

The word verification functionality for posting comments doesn't seem to be going anywhere... When it was first introduced, I'd hoped that it would soon be upgraded - but no sign of that yet.

Such as:

a) When I'm logged in to Blogger, why do I have to perform a word verification check to comment ON MY OWN BLOG? I think I can trust me not to post spam. Probably.

b) I have a certain group who regularly comment on my blog, and most other blogs are the same. Why isn't there a way to add "Trusted Pals" to your blog settings, so those follks who comment all the time don't have to bother with word verification?

Maybe this is solved in the Beta? If so, I haven't seen any sign of it.

5 comments:

  1. Good questions. I've wondered the same myself. I even wrote that first one in as a "suggest a feature" on Blogger's help page.

    Blogger needs a buddy list.

    It would also be nice if it kept a list of where you've posted comments so you can go back and see what was posted afterward (FlickR does this quite well).

    We may see this happen eventually, now that the beta version of Blogger uses all database instead of static HTML pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate word verification. I turned it off. annoying!

    Beta? Uuuummmm...then we have to upgrade right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. But without word verification, I'd never have been introduced to words like "tadztrxe"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:58 AM

    Personally, I spam my blog all the time...but then again, I am a bit of a bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't argue with Paulius on that one.

    ReplyDelete