Friday, October 20, 2006

An Awful Waste of Space

Sometimes while I'm watching a documentary, a historical event is described, and from somewhere inside me, a voice will say with frustration: Pshh...That's not how it happened. What happened was...

I'm no historical scholar - I know about as much as your typical high school kid. But some factoids drift into my mind, and deep in there an ancestor is shaking his head, sighing heavily, muttering a bit, then going back to sleep.

Past lives? Collective unconscious? Too much imagination? My fundamental Libra-ness craving balanced/alternate viewpoints? A so deeply ingrained need to be contrary just for the sake of conversation that I'll disagree even without anyone else in the room?

Though it also happens during science documentaries on Quantum Physics, which I don't grok in the slightest, but like to think that I do. So unless my ancestors had a deep understanding of String Theory, it's all BS.
.
Golly!  If you were made of yarn, what color yarn would you be?  Tee Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment