Monday, March 05, 2007

Help, Internet, Help!

Continuing my unfortunate trend of enjoying catchy music, one of the most recent songs to catch my ear is Pink Champagne by Venus Hum.

Maybe the reason I keep listening to the song is that the first line confounds me. The lyrics don't make sense (mebbe the problem is, I expect them to make sense). I can't find the official lyrics posted anywhere, either.

This is what the first line sounds like...

"Feeling really so so show
I ride the barcar for a while
the chapman is conversational
but soon we'll both be so tired"


It's the "so so show" part that confuses me. "Slow" would make sense, but it really sounds like "Show". Maybe it's actually a French or other foreign word? I've listened to 3 different versions, 2 of them live performances and they all sound like "show".

For anyone interested in helping me solve this mystery - you can check out the different versions using these links:

Album Version
Live Version
Live Version (Acoustic)

Thanks for your help! Now I won't have to track the band to their homes, pop out of the bushes yelling "What's the first line of Pink Champagne?? What?! What??"

2 comments:

  1. "Chaud" (pronounced "show") is French for "hot", which would seem to make sense.

    Hmmm... now I have pleasant memories of drinking vin chaud on the medieval streets of Geneva at Christmastime. It was good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Master Blandwagon! I owe you one!

    ReplyDelete