Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Potty Humor, Reader Beware

The cat and I (her name is Catalina - have I mentioned that? Usually we just call her Super Cute Kitty or KittyBunny because when she's lying down with her legs completely tucked under her, she looks like a bunny)...

Ahem. The cat and I have reached a new stage in our relationship - while I was home alone the other day, I was using the toilet with the door open.

She trotted right in, hopped into her litterbox, and did her business as if I wasn't there. Now, she'd never done that before. Up to this point, she would peek in, see me, and scamper away.

Apparently she's become a little too comfortable with me - (I must have spoiled her with all those tummy kisses) though she did take the time to bury it when she was done.

Just once in the year we've had her has she gone to the bathroom outside the litter box: She pooped in the corner of the living room, just to show me who was boss (we'd had a row earlier that day, and I admit, I was in the wrong).

She rarely buries her poop. I read somewhere that cats will leave it unburied to show their dominance as top cat in the household.

I'm always theorizing on one silly idea or another... What would it mean to her, how would she react to find a large steaming MikePoo in her litter box? I wish I could try it, and have a litter-cam set up to catch her reaction: Sniff. Sniff. What the? Well...? This isn't mine. Who would...? Sniff. Why? OMG! It was Mike!

Would I become top cat? Would she start bringing me breakfast in bed? Or would she start going in the living room again?

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that if you pooped in her litterbox, not only would she be so PO'd she'd crap all over the house...as soon as Cindy saw you'd have not one, but TWO very PO'd females in your house.

    ReplyDelete