Friday, November 06, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 - Day 6

The writing party was great fun, thanks to KCGator and Logician for hosting! There was pizza, sweet tea, guava pound cake, and a dissertation on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers FanFic, just to set the scene for those of you who could not attend.

And of course, there was writing! It went very well!

When I write at home, I'm distracted by a thousand small things, everything from all the cleaning chores that need done (I would rather clean than write, that probably is a bad omen for my future productivity). "Wow, look how spotty my monitor is, let me Windex it. Oops, I got some cleanser on the desk - I might as well scrub the entire desktop..."

I actually had a far easier time focusing in a group setting than I had expected, and I pounded out my daily word count in about half the time it would have taken at home.

I'm looking forward to the next writing party!

Day 6: Total Words Written - 10,494

Words Left To Be Written: 39,506

No comments:

Post a Comment