Saturday, November 14, 2009

Truncated Driveways

There's a neighborhood in Gainesville that has odd driveways and walkways leading from the houses toward the street.

The driveways and walkways end about fifteen feet from the street, coming to a stop with grass in the wide gap remaining.

If this was only a house or two, or this was new construction, I'd expect that the city had plans to come along and add sidewalks and finish the driveways - but these houses have been here at least twenty years, still waiting to be finished.

Do any of you smart folks have any idea what's going on here? I'm curious.

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps it has something to do with water? Sometimes if there isn't room for a retention pond when houses are built they must come up with creative solutions.

    Also it could be just to make you ask questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the third post of this blog and I am telling you I am quite impress by you. Nice one.. I would like to read more from you.. You are a cool guy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Hoωdy superb blog! Does running a blog like this
    tаkе a lot of woгk? I've virtually no knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject nevertheless I simply wanted to ask. Thanks!

    My web-site sell house fast

    ReplyDelete