Saturday, November 21, 2009

NaNoWriMo - Day 21

Er... I don't know what happened. I somehow got carried away and wrote 2,387 words today. Yes, it does seem so. I did the math three times.

I had to work today (boo!) but only a 4 hour shift (still necessitating an hour and a half total commute, boo!). Work went fine - really we're just a cleaning team on Saturdays, with limited interactions with clients (yay!).

I tapped out about 700 words this morning, and then somehow, in the midst of not really wanting to write this evening, I got into a whole 1,687 word scene that was never meant to exist, and now we have conspiracy, adultery, espresso and high art danish. Okay then.

Day 21 - Total Words Written: 36,009

Words Left To Be Written: 13,991

(Cindy hates odd numbers, and will no doubt say to me "You couldn't have written ONE MORE WORD?")

"Nope." I'll say. "The scene ended."

3 comments:

  1. Two Thousand, Three Hundred and Eighty Seven words? Amazing! And to think I only managed to write a little over 10,000 words today. I'll have to work harder to work up to your obvious greatness. Although, to be truthful, I am still behind. Watch your rear, Etcher, I'm coming from behind. And I bite. (Good work - I'm really excited that we are all slowly climbing to that ever-pressing goal of 50,000. Keep working like you have been - it gives me something to want to surpass!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well while you two duke it out I'm just going to sit back and watch the carnage.

    I'm now at a delicious 50k and ready for the winners circle.

    I have faith in both of you, now don't make me put you in time out for failing.

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Logician, good luck to you!

    I've yet to see the fruits of your boastful boasting.

    It might be time to begin your rueing!

    ReplyDelete