Saturday, November 07, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 - Day 7

A fun though draining day. We crawled out of bed at the BCOD, showered, and then into the car for an early morning book sale at one of the small local libraries.

I had hoped that I would leap out of bed a few hours pre-dawn and get my daily writing done before we left, but I was ever so tired and did not.

After enjoying the vast warehouse-like floor of the Gainesville Friends of the Library sale just a few days back, this book sale was tiny. The little library sale was packed to the gills with Patterson, Connelly, Grisham, and the like, with very little of the compelling variety that Gainesville had thanks to its state university.

Next we hopped on the turnpike and drove to Orlando, enjoyed the mall and all the scrumptious people watching, technology browsing, dinner and dessert that an actual city has to offer.

When we got home, I was spent. I passed out for two hours, then roused myself. Part of the reason I woke up - it was hot in the room. The AC has gone out (apparently just the blower-fan, not the AC itself) and I can't sleep if it's too warm.

While Cindy slept on, I opened most of the windows and let the cool night air in - it's supposed to get down to 56 degrees tonight, so it's really the best possible time to be without a working air conditioner.

Once the house was aired, I had a snack and got to work writing. Unsurprisingly, I wasn't really feeling the mood, so I took advantage of the fact that I was a few hundred words ahead from previous days to write a bit less today, though I'm still where I need to be for the month.

Day 7: Total Words Written - 11,869

Words Left To Be Written: 38,131

No comments:

Post a Comment