Monday, October 11, 2004

And Bike Riding for All

I slept in until about 10, and padded downstairs. Everyone was up and around, and Mom was fixing breakfast. We all sat together and ate, catching up on news.

My Mom got a job working with my sister, at the law firm of Keis George - -
www.ukglaw.com they handle mostly insurance claims from accidents, apparently. Mom's first day would be Tuesday October 12, and she was nervous, and looking forward to it. The nice thing is, Michelle will be the one training Mom and largely the one she will be working with. It's a job where she will be off her feet, which is good. There will be a lot of reading going on, both on printed documents and on-screen computer text, so the one worry is her vision.

After breakfast, we went bike riding in the Cleveland Metroparks. It was Mom, Dad, Michelle, Me, and Garrett. We stopped to get two bikes at Garrett's house, so everyone had one to ride. At Garretts, we got to see Michelle's dog Dakota - a breed I've never seen before - a 'Sheba Enu' (which means 'fox eyes') it looks like a miniature husky, and a light sandy tan color. It's a very cute dog, and was very friendly. It was $800, and it shows. Great dog, gorgeous and smart. I also got to meet Garrett's dog, a Husky named Riggs. Black and white, with icy blue eyes. Another beautiful dog!

Garrett's dad had a brand new Harley in the garage, and Mom, Dad, and Michelle sat on it while I took some pics. My Mom on a Harley! She really wanted a ride, but Garrett's dad wasn't home. I got some really cute pics of them on the bike.

The bike ride was fun, but there were a lot of hills. Dad and I stayed with Mom, and we ended up walking up most of the hills. Mom and Dad's usual bike path is flat, so they aren't used to all the hills. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and the trees were gorgeous. We were riding near Little Met, a golf course where Dad, my Grandpa, and I had golfed about 10 years ago. It's a cute little golf course - -
http://www.clemetparks.com/recreation/golf/little_met.asp <--- check the link for info on the course and metroparks area.

After the bike ride, we dropped the bikes at Garretts and went home for lunch. We had plenty of leftovers from Saturday, good food! In the evening - Mom, Dad, Michelle, Garrett and I watched 'The Iron Giant' and a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment