Thursday, October 07, 2004

Uncle Jam Wants YOU for the Humor Guard

Michelle got in safe and sound yesterday at about 2:30pm, returning from her Barnes and Noble Management Conference (tm) in Florida - she also spent a few days in Lakeland with her family.

Michelle has lots of pics of her trip, I'll have to get them posted on www.MeeMurr.com! It's really nice to have her home. We're a very snuggly couple and it's hard for us to be apart for very long. Happy Sigh - Good to have my Sweetie home.

In other news -
Holy Shit! Today at work has been maelstrom of activity.
Not.

So I'm bored, and surfing the web, and I was looking at a comic strip. I'm reading all of them, going through the archived strips from the beginning, just because I have nothing but time. And I'm not really finding the strip particularly funny, and so I let my guard down. My 'humor guard' as it were.

You know, when you're watching or reading someone exceptionally funny - while at work - or if someone is sleeping - you kind of brace yourself. Steeling yourself against explosions of laughter, cause damn, this person is funny. This is your humor guard.

But this comic strip isn't that funny. So I'm clicking through them, one at a time, click click click, not so much as a chuckle or smirk - - - and BAM this one hits me. It's so damned funny that my eyes got all teary and I was breathing in little weird snorts to keep from blowing up.

This is the one:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2002-12-24

The odd thing is, it's not THAT funny. It was just a juxtaposition of attacking The Grinch while using a classic video game battle cry. It's only funny if you've let your guard down. I was in just the right frame of mind is all.

I should be spending some of this boredom time at work to do research for college/my future... I think I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment