Friday, October 29, 2004

Fast Friday

Today's going along pretty well. It's payday today and I paid my dental bill. Only one more till I'm all caught up!

The bug database was down all morning, so we didn't get to enter any new issues. Instead, we worked on the default controller settings for the end users.

This week went by pretty fast - not as quick as last week, but not bad at all! I'm looking forward to the month of writing - I hope to get in the 'writing zone' and then just keep in the habit, keep writing, at least something every day.I still need to pick a story to write for November.

I've been thinking on and off about how I want to get all my short stories collected into a real book. Mebbe through cafe press.com - we'll see. I need to get around to doing that before I lose them all in a hard drive crash one of these days.

It's lunch time and I just got back from a walk around the block - it's nice and cool outside! October in California is brisk, but not cold. I'm planning to sit in the courtyard and do some novel writing every day during lunch - hopefully it's not too cold for comfort.

The computer that I ordered for Mom and Dad has been shipped by HP! Right now it is estimated to arrive on Wednesday the 3rd of November. That's better than it was - yesterday, it was scheduled to ship on Nov 1st. Sounds good to me! I hope it works well for them!

Yesterday, my boss mentioned that another company was needing QA Testers, and he wanted to recommend me. I can't remember the name of the company - Mad something? Anyway, I don't know anything about it, so I don't know what to think.

Would I be working at Realtime or at Mad something? What kind of product? Not the kid stuff, please - that gets old so quickly. And for what sort of wage? Many questions, no answers. I could ask my boss, but it all seems very preliminary right now.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe--so you've always blogged about payday? something on your mind?

    ReplyDelete