Friday, October 08, 2004

Sloppy Jills!

I'm at work - It's about 3pm, and I just finished lunch. I went to the grocery store and picked up some goodies - eggs, cereal, and english muffins. I picked up some chicken strips for lunch from the deli. They tasted ok but were kinda rubbery. Mebbe I microwaved them too long.

Michelle makes a yummy new dish - it's egg salad (more egg than salad - the condiments are very subtle) on a toasted, buttered english muffin, in an open-faced sandwich configuration. It's very good, I'd say it's the Snack of 2004, with Honey Nut Clusters as a close second. We jokingly called them "Sloppy Jills" after the messy sandwich with the similar name.

It's Friday, and Sunday I leave for a week in Ohio! Everyone is taking at least a couple days off, and so I'll always have family members to ramble to. We talk pretty often, so there's not a lot of news to share, but we'll have fun hanging out.

The 'Generic PC' version isn't ready to be tested yet, so we testers are still doing whatever we please and getting paid for it. Brian has a book he's been reading and I played Battle Realms all morning. I'm likely to do this same all afternoon. If we leave at 5, it'll make for a short day - I got in around 11 after waiting around for the cable guy to come.

At home, our cable went out a couple of days ago - the guy came and it took him about 20 minutes to fix the problem (largely because the problem was buried under crap in our bedroom). Now it's all good, we have cable again. Yay! I need my doses of Science and Discovery Channels, with some Samurai Jack thrown in for variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment