Friday, October 15, 2004

Our Canal Towpath Riding Adventure

Mom and Michelle working again! It's hard when you start a new job - you don't have any vacation time saved up yet. Dad and I loaded the bikes and went to a canal towpath trail in the national park system, nearby. http://www.bright.net/~dietsch/biketrails/cleveland.htm The picture of the guy standing in front of the bridge is neat because we went to that exact spot! How neat is that?

A towpath is where an 1800's shipping canal lies, where mules would pull canal barges up and down the canal system. There are locks and spillways, mills, and houses along the route, which is preserved as a historic site. There are mile markers, resting benches, as well as informative signs and placards all along the route.


The Cuyahoga river runs alongside the towpath, as does a historic railway. Very beautiful! This time I had my camera and took a few dozen shots. Gorgeous! We probably rode 8-10 miles total! The day started out partly sunny, but by the time we finished, the rainclouds had taken over.

In the evening, Mom and I went over to Grandma's and I helped her fix some things on her computer. It was all basic stuff, and I was glad to help. I just wish that Mom and Dad's computer was as stable as Grandma's!


Their computer worries me. I like sending and receiving emails from Mom, and I don't know how much longer their PC will live. They could replace the hard drive and buy a new OS (They have ME now and it sucks! XP me please!) and that would cost a few hundred and give them some more time, but they could really use a new PC. I need to price a few and get with Michelle (sister version) and see about getting them a new one.

Dad skipped his nap after dinner, and so he went to bed around 9. Mom and I stayed up and watched 'Oceans Eleven', which she had never seen. She liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment