Sunday, October 10, 2004

Hello Cleveland!

The flight went well - I was on the aisle and so free to get up as I pleased. The two people next to me were well behaved and the flight passed at a decent pace. The movies were Dodgeball and 50 First Dates. I didn't watch either of them. I read my book and played my gameboy.

I got in to Cleveland late in the afternoon. It was a nice day in the upper 60's, cool but not cold. Mom, Dad, Grandma, Michelle and Garrett (Michelle's fiancée) were there to meet me.

The ride from the airport went quickly, as we chatted away, and I saw the first glimpses of autumn. The trees were turning gold and red, and it really brought a sense of season. In Los Angeles, the trees are the same colors year round, so seeing all the variety of Ohio's fall colors is really beautiful. Since autumn is my favorite season, I feel lucky to be visiting at just the right time.

Mom had prepared dinner earlier in the day, and we sat down to pot roast, meatloaf, and all the fixings. Very good food! Since Michelle and I don't cook too many full course meals, it was a real treat to have home cooked meals - cooked by Mom!!

After dinner we relaxed and watched a DVD I had brought along. I played with Nikita and watched the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment