Monday, December 05, 2005

Confidant

I was in the dentist's chair early on Saturday morning (I don't know what I was thinking when I made the appt so early) and I had a mouthful of tooth-impression-goo, unable to speak.

The Dental Assistant was sitting quietly next to me, waiting for the goo to set up, and I had the overwhelming, uneasy sensation
that she was about to confide something to me:

"Sometimes, when I'm all alone in here I just turn on the gas and tear off my clothes and dance around."

And then I wouldn't be able to speak, but I'd look at her and she'd look at me, and then the Dentist would come back into the room and we'd pretend it never happened.

6 comments:

  1. OOOOOooooooookay........You fall asleep at the drop of a hat, don't you? Dentist offices have a way of making you hallucinate like that sometimes.
    It's okay- you're HOME now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, Mike? Are you remembering to take your medication?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Paulius. Unless you're remembering the medication a little too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. I live for this stuff.



    Guess what? My partner goes in for a root canal tomorrow morning! Wonder what he will discover about his hygenist?? He gets a valium . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going crazy - No on else ever has an awkward, quiet moment with someone - and you think they're about to say something, but they don't?

    That's all I meant, gee whiz!

    ReplyDelete