Friday, December 30, 2005

It's Like, Totally Annoying

Whenever I think of the term Pet Peeves, I think of men's magazines where the girl lists her likes and dislikes. Not that I've read that many men's magazines, but it's become something of a stereotype.

We all have pet peeves, among mine are:
a) the crinkling of plastic
b) people who mumble
c) folks who simply must touch you while they're chatting

Of course, some of the worst pet peeves are encountered around the house. All of us have a spouse or roommates who do things that get under our skin. We can nag others to change their ways, but this is rarely a fruitful approach.

Well ladies and gentlemen, we now have a solution -
Mutual Pet Peeve Restraining Orders!

It's a form of barter, really.
I'll make sure that I put the remote control back in its basket - -
if you make sure to properly fold down the inner bag in the cereal box, so the Apple Jacks don't get stale.

We'll have a stylish certificate with verbose legalese and a nice gold emblem to make it look all nice and official, sign and date, and we're good to go! No need to notarize!

For the person who does not meet their end of the bargain - they must do some agreed-upon chore for the other person. We'd learn to be neater and more polite people, and occasionally, someone would have to do chores for us! Yeah!


6 comments:

  1. Ironically enough, my pet peeve is people with pet peeves. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!

    Where do we send our list of PPs?

    I want my PPRO NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pet peeves are too anoying: constantly wanting affection, litter boxes and pooperscoopers, vet calls, and grooming. I'd rather have a piss ass peeve--whatever that is (no food required).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh SQ, you so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crinkling of plastic! The crinkling of plastic! Oh dear God, finally someone understand the horror that is ... the crinkling of plastic! Seriously, no joke, it drives me crazy. I have banished plastic bags from our apartment, but I still have bad dreams about that noise .................

    ReplyDelete