Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Money Flowing Like Buttah

Here I am, working day in and day out like some shmoe when the easy money is just waiting for me to discover it. I was driving to work this morning, and was stopped at a light behind a big truck, which had one of those "How Am I Driving? Call 1-800-555-5555" bumper stickers on it.

It strikes me that these driving safety phone numbers are a pretty easy way to make money. You get an 800 number (I just priced it - $4.99 a month) and voice-mail for that number, and create a very basic web page.

Then you send out flyers to everyone and anyone who has at least one company car or delivery vehicle, extolling the virtues of the How Am I Driving campaign, how they'll save money on insurance, how their children will better respect them, and how the glorious light of righteousness will beam down upon them, yea verily like unto a beam of holy sunlight itself, Hallelujah. The companies pay you a monthly or yearly fee for the service (One month free for the annual plan, order today!).

The voicemails are automatically converted to WAV files, and automatically emailed to the biz owners to listen to at their leisure. Sure, there are other companies already in this business, but my overhead is gonna be much lower than theirs - so I'd easily underbid them. Easy money! Hells yeah. Flawless. Damn I'm good.

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't give your 2 weeks notice just yet....

    You haven't, have you?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Am I Blogging

    Call 1-800-SUCKMYPLUMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gonna be rich! If I chip in a dollar toward that first month's phone bill, do I get in on the ground floor as an investor? I wanna be rich too.

    ReplyDelete