Monday, January 09, 2006

What to do...

I spent some time this weekend trying to come up with a new piece of art for the header of my blog, (as seen on such distinguished blogs as Life, What the...) and I couldn't come up with anything good.

Short of a big Etch-A-Sketch or a series of random images, nothing seems applicable. Also, I aint got no art skill. I could easily collage something together with Photoshop, but what?

I threw something together, but it was just a blue-to-red gradient with a sponge-painted-blotted look and the title text. Blah.

Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I thought it would be cool for you to make the header just the section of the Etch-A-Sketch that has the knobs and red frame, and put the words "Etch-A-Sketch Attention Span" between them in silver writing similar to what's on the product. Unfortunately, my Google image searches haven't come up with any high quality pics of an E-A-S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An easy way to do it would be to simply put up a red border around a grey background, and then use the line tool to write your title in one continuous line.

    Also, you can put normal photos through photoshop, make them greyscale, and use 'find edges' to make it look E-A-S-ique.

    (PS, thanks for the plug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input guys!

    ReplyDelete