Friday, January 27, 2006

What's the Safety Word?

While testing the music game yesterday, I was going through each of the musical instruments in turn when I came across one that I thought had to be a joke or a typo.

Like anyone else, Programmers can get distracted or bored, and will sometimes plug an amusing bug into a game just for the fun of it.

When I came across the instrument named a "Vibraslap" I had to chuckle, thinking it sounded more like an S&M sex toy than a musical instrument. So I wikipedia'd it, and sure enough, it's a
real instrument.

That, or the programmers knew I'd check wikipedia, and wrote a fake entry to fool me.

Talk about covering your bases. Who to trust?

8 comments:

  1. Kinky.
    Where do I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a programmer, I can honestly say that if I actually had testers for my work (the work I do doesn't require it--I test my own stuff) that I would totally mess with them whenever possible. When asked, I would tell them it was a requested feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I've never heard of that before. Does the game include a theremin? I think that's one of the coolest intsuments around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, no theremin - Alas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too hysterical, witty, clever--I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibraslap (Viy-BRA-slap) - NOUN

    To hit someone on the head with a tuning fork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm. I am guessing that musicians in need of an instrument to make that very particular sound are also not the sorts to think about kinky sex toys. Thats my theory and I am sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete