Wednesday, January 11, 2006

A Most Independant Study

Almost fifteen years ago, I was in a car accident and picked up some scars - on my face, of all places. I have a short beard which covers most of them pretty well, but there are a few noticable gaps in the beard hair.

So I touch these spots up with eyeliner, which doesn't rub off easily and matches my beard color quite well. Early on, I wondered if eyeliner would turn out to have suprising scar-inflaming (or hey! scar-reducing) properties - I mean, you never know what will happen when you
ignore the directions on a bottle.

So the results are in - and it turns out that Maybelline Line Works Ultra-Liner Liquid Waterproof Eyeliner, Very Dark Brown has absolutely no effect on scars, except to cover them up.

3 comments:

  1. Good to know.

    You should tell people the scars are from an accident as a teen when you fell through the ceiling of a circus train car and cut yourself with a bullwhip fending off a savage lion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etcher wears eye-liner! Etcher wears eye-liner! Ner ner ner ner ner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got the bald patches in your beard in a car crash. I have bald patches in mine for no good reason at all.

    ReplyDelete