Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This Captioning was CLOSED.

I caught a bit of television at the gym this morning, and the President was speaking on some subject - what, I don't know because there was no Closed Captioning.

I'm not big on politics, so I've never noticed this before. (In my defense, I enjoyed the first three seasons of The West Wing very much).

I checked all three televisions, which were set to different stations, and none of them had Closed Captioning for the President. Is there a law that says you can't caption the pres? Perhaps the news agencies are afraid to misquote the President.

Surely during a prime time national address there would be closed captions, but not for a quickie Q&A... Anybody know?

3 comments:

  1. They probably don't close-caption in order to prevent the spread of words like "embetterment", "Hispanos", "securitize", or "explorationists".

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps there are no mechanisms to translate his dilect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps he doesn't care about the non-hearing vote?

    ReplyDelete