Friday, July 21, 2006

Not just for Birthdays anymore...

What's your opinion on household nudity? Should a person be allowed to walk past one of their windows with nothing on?

I'm not talking about rubbing your goods suggestively against the glass - no nude sunbathing on the patio - just breezing on by on your way to the kitchen first thing in the morning for a glass of water.

I'm thinking that if a person is looking into one of my windows (on the second floor, I might add) and they see something they would rather not have, it's their own damn fault. Don't look in my windows!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    Everbody is free to wear sunscreen... I usually run around stark naked at home. If someone looks into my window, well hey they can look in another direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Household nudity is a basic right-nay- REQUIREMENT of Necessity of every adult.

    Or at least it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What precipitated this question? Hmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's a topic of much debate in the household, and I thought I would find out what you guys thought.

    (I won't tell you who has which position)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't have to tell us. Women are more likely to say if you're going to run around the house nude, you should close the blinds. Men are territorial- they say- "It's my house- I'm in it- therefore if I choose to walk around with no clothes it's my choice- if anyone sees me- they shouldn't be looking in my windows."

    Am I right?
    Yes. I believe I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Given that we instictively look whenever we see movement (an evolutionary trait to alert us to danger, no doubt), it may not be fair to wander past windows naked if there's a public space outside. People will instinctively glance at you even if they don't want to.

    Fortunately, all my windows look out into private courtyards, so I can nude it up all I want :)

    ReplyDelete