Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Whoa! I take it back! Do over! Undo! Alt-Ctrl-Z!

I have an ill-considered turn of phrase that I started using recently, for whatever reason - and it got me into trouble last night.
.
It started one day as I was eating sunflower seeds, and Cindy walked by and tried to grab a couple of my sunflower seeds for herself.
.
I jokingly guarded my hoard of seeds and said "They're not for girls!"
.
"What?"
.
"Uh. Yeah. The whole sunflower seeds thing - not very feminine. Very messy snack. You wouldn't like it."
.
It didn't work, but it was funny at the time. So thereafter, if there was something I wanted to say "No" to, I'd just say "Not for girls!"
.
The whole thing backfired on me last night during a bout of tickle-wrestling. She whacked my butt and I yelled "Ow! That's not for girls!"
.
I've decided that it's time to retire that particular phrase from my vocabulary...

7 comments:

  1. That particular phrase shouldn't be in your vocabulary....but maybe there is ONE exception.....when it comes to handing over the TV remote?

    Paulius is very gracious about sharing even that with me tho.

    Paulius is perfect, tho.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to comment, because this story was incredibly funny, but I just don't know what to say in response.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just imagining Cindy's reaction.

    You do realise that she owns you now, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have been worse if I'd waited and let her tell the story. Best to have a press conference of your own before such news leaks.

    She owns me for far more important reasons...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't.stop.laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to link. Forgive me.






    Hee hee hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete