Thursday, July 13, 2006

TV Diner?

Another entry in the "I'm sure this already exists somewhere" files...

There are all sorts of sports bars out there, where folks can get together with other fans and watch sporting events live.

Why not TV Diners? (Get it? It's like TV Dinner, but not. I slay me.) You could get together with other fans and watch House, or CSI Miami, or American Idol, or what have you.

Instead of the lonely activity where you lie mindlessly on the couch, you could watch your favorite shows with a group of other people, talking and laughing while chowing down on fries and chicken strips - or hey, why not a salad?

There could be contests and trivia during the commercial breaks, and all-night events during marathons. Character look-alike contests! You could cancel your cable tv service and only watch TV while at the diner. You'd watch less TV, and when you did it would be a social activity.

There could be different segments of the diner - Poppy stuff like American Idol in this corner, while The Discovery Channel is running in another corner. A nostalgia corner where TV Land is running old re-runs of 90210. I'd go!

8 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a killer idea.
    I'd go too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea. Some sports bars will reserve one channel for cartoons for the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just thinking about how hard it is for me and Sunny to agree on something to watch...

    How about "The TV Diner and Brawl"

    You arrive, then have a fight about what to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that in cases of channel disagreement, everyone would vote, the majority would rule and decide what to watch.

    Or there could be two screens in each booth, and you could choose your own channel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, but if you'd be overun by the assholes who think that because they're paying for the service, they can watch whatever they want.

    (Oh, and I have no idea why I always feel compelled to point out the flaws in your ideas. I'll stop it from now on)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why aren't we rich yet?
    These last two ideas especially - very nice and profitable sounding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately, there always tends to be stumbling blocks in the way of good ideas.

    I had an idea for a TV remote locator. A small device you clips to your remote,(or actually integrated into a universal remote you would buy) and another that you stick to the top of your TV. When the remote goes missing, you push a button on the TV mounted unit, and your remote starts whistling.

    Unfortunately, this technology has already been patented (like the locator button on cordless phones).

    So basically, TV companies don't want to licence the technology, so that's why every TV doesn't have one.

    (I don't know why no-one was interested in my 'Headlights for Slippers' that stop you stubbing your toe in the dark)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulius - Feel free to point out any flaws you like in my idea posts - it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know they're flawed when I post them, but I don't want to list them all.

    Besides, what would people comment on if not the flaws? :o)

    ReplyDelete