Monday, November 01, 2004

Halloween 2004!

(I wrote this out in pencil in my notebook...)

I love the smell of pencils! I habitually use pens. It's probably been 10 or more years since I've used a pencil - math class!

It's a silly thing, but I've always preferred pens: recently there was this little stub of a pencil at work, and I've been jotting notes with it. The pencil felt interesting, I liked the way the letters felt as I wrote them. I think writing with a pencil actually makes me write more slowly, and maybe my penmanship (pencilmanship?) improves because I write more slowly.

So I picked up a pack of pencils. The smell fresh and woody. It's a nostalgic 'school' smell - I enjoyed going to school, for the most part.

Tomorrow, I start working on my NaNoWriMo novel. It's already Halloween Night, and I still don't know what I'll be writing about!

Michelle is going to look at my list in a few minutes and help me decide which story idea to work on.

Ideas: (in no particular order)

(The numbers are Michelle's priority opinions/input)

3 - a) The Bunker
2 - b) Key to Subconscious
1 - c) Get a Job, Just to Quit
x - d) ark of the covenant stolen - end of the world
x - e) Saints
4 - f) Future - only human left - mystery
5 - g) Childhood issue investigated
x - h) Pro-Active advertising creates monster

So after discussion and deliberation, I decide on 'The Bunker' as the story I'll do first.

No comments:

Post a Comment