Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Annoying but Good

I worked on Fiction Interactive for about an hour this morning. It was depressing! So many details still need attention. The site is very sloppy, every page looks different from every other page - there's no cohesive vision.

A couple of months ago, I went through and changed the 'terms and conditions' notice from text to art - this way, I could change it easily, on all pages with one step. Well I hadn't created a psd file for the copywrite.gif, and it took me forever to find the correct font, size, and style. I must have spent a good half an hour on that. The most annoying thing about that is, what was I thinking in October, to put '2004' on the tag? Did I really think that it would be complete and online? I know that I didn't. I was just not paying attention. Grrr.

And the links art at the top of the page needs some attention! It's too big, too blocky, and the 'jobs' page has no link up there! I'm thinking of stretching some of the mini threads and using that as the background. Of course, that would mean the art on the Story and Decision pages, for Dictionary, Synposis, and Characters should be changed to match. Ugh.

As annoying as it is, at least I'm working on it. I just have to finish it already!

Lunch is over, took my walk. Another cool, wet partly cloudy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment