Monday, January 31, 2005

Waka Waka Waka

Well, it was a largely uneventful weekend. Saturday morning, my paycheck arrived overnight from PA, and I dashed right out to the bank to cash it - so we can pay rent - this isn't coke and whore money, here. But BOFA won't cash the check, they say there's a "stop" on it. Fun.

I finally got it cashed this morning, but it was a big hassle involving 2 bank people and me waiting like 15 minutes. What the hell man, I just want the money I earned.

I kicked back, worked on my web page, wrote a damn finely written review of The Sea of Tears - if I do say so, played some Evil Genius and then some Prince of Persia, The Sands of Time. EG was annoying, because I've painted myself into a diabolical corner. With Blood. But anyways... Relaxed a lot.

I wrote a letter to NP's agent, requesting information about 'In The Blood' and that I was interested in securing the rights (for publishing on the upcoming Ideagateway literary mag). It would be so mind boggling to actually own some sort of rights to one of my favorite author's works! We'll see what happens, they might just chuckle at the letter and toss it.

It looks like I might, instead of losing my job, be getting a raise here soon. That's always nice, thank you very much. It's a wacky situation, what can I tell you.

I am weening myself from caffeine. Again. I was taking 2 NoDoz in the morning and 2 again at lunch. I was the peppy mofo, let me just tell you that. Now, not so much. But I was getting really pissy/grumpy taking the caffeine, so this is better. Withdrawal not too bad yet...

Hey, the first meeting of our writing group is tonight. Gotta tell Cindy, she doesn't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment