Monday, January 03, 2005

Hey, it's a New Year!

So far, the new year is a good thing. It was raining this morning, we have some leaky windows in the apartment, but no big thing. It's overcast and sunny now, I just got back from my post-lunch walk around the block. The air is crisp, clean and cool with a slight tang of ozone. I pondered my 'Cosmo' children's book idea as I walked.

I didn't get anything useful done this morning, short of depositing money so I won't be overdrawn, and turned in to the bank a woman's ATM card she'd left in the machine. I guess those were both useful things... :o)

Work is slow, I don't know why I always feel compelled to report that. It's always slow. Oh! In my list of projects I'd like to accomplish that I typed out the other day (you know, the other day - a week or two ago) I think that I forgot to include "Spanish for Retail", and 'nuff said.

Cindy and I have been playing many hours of Evil Genius, it's loads of fun. You build an underground base, and you have little workers and henchmen and all sorts of people you can order around. Secret Agents break into your base and try to sabotage your stuff, and you get to kill them. When you kill someone, they're put into a body bag that you can store in your freezer. We have the strategy guide for the game on order, but odds are, we'll be done playing it before the book arrives.

So this year I hope to finish a project or two (for a change). Even if I alternate what I'm working on, hopefully something will get completed. It's so hard, when you have lots of ideas every day. The new ideas are more fun than the old ones... I'll try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment