Saturday, August 13, 2005

Because I MUST Obey Anonymous Readers

A comment over on the esteemed 'Life, What the hell is going on?' site wondered how we blogging types can spend so much time together and have no idea what one another looks like.

Mostly it's because we don't give a damn, Anonymous. The internet is a great virtual place that allows people to come together without a lot of the baggage that the regular world brings to meeting and relationships.

Like appearance. I met Cindy online, and it's a good thing too, because in person - pretty girls make me nervous. But online, I can be my usual chatty self.

I thought I'd post a pic, since my profile image of the kid's toy isn't very helpful.


Cindy took this one - she has a great eye for pics. Some people say she has two of them.

This was shot at a lake in Florida - moments before an alligator leapt from the water and devoured the right side of my body. When I say I'm typing left-handed, I'm not being lewd.

Just joking - there was no gator attack. But I fear them, as any right-minded sort (i.e. didn't grow up in gator country) must.

5 comments:

  1. You do look a little leery there. And now I can rest assured that you are not in fact an 8ft mutant with three eyes. Good to know.

    Meeting people through blogging - or eavesdropping on their life is so serendipidous - me likey.

    h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post the best Mike! The set up, the line about Cindy (too sweet), and then the alligator?! You are such a funny guy . . .

    The pic looks like its from Blue's Clues though . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're right. We don't give a flip about what people look like. In this world, it's all about the words. Just the words and nothing else.

    Funny post, BTW.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of letting the entirity of blogland know what I look like is horrifying to me. But then again, how would they know? It's not as if we even know for sure that's you. Still, I'll stick with my little buddha icon rather than a picture...maybe that is what I look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post was actually from my brother. He doesn't 'get it'.

    Oh, and he's as shallow as a puddle.

    ReplyDelete