Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Crisp and Clean, No Caffeine

Wow, two posts in one day!

Since I make lots of outrageous predictions, it's not surprising that I predicted this - Soon you'll be able to buy delicious human milk. You know, from humans.

Bet it goes great with Cap'n Crunch!

After all, since we're humans and not cows, why are we drinking cow milk? Cow milk is for baby cows. Apparently they're called calves. I'll bet they are ever so tender. Medium Rare. Little A1. Some shoestring potatoes, Yow!

Um... Where was I?

Since milk is a great way to pass on antibodies, we'd all be healthier for drinking this scrumptous human dairy bounty.

I have to admit the mental image is a troubling one - rows of women being force-fed salad and nutritional supplements, sitting in comfy ergonomic pleather recliners, watching Jerry Springer and Jenny Jones while connected, Matrix-like to thirstily humming milking machines.

7 comments:

  1. Dude. No.
    I know, not much of a rebuttal, but just know that if I took the time, I could debate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ewwwwwwwwwwwww...now, I know that it was a stupid idea in the first place to drink cow's milk (whoever thought of that). But it's what we're used to now.

    The breast milk should be saved for the babies...for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago I heard about genetically modified cows that would make 'human' milk. That's even worse.

    And Cap'n Crunch, no no. It's all about Honey Nut Cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, from someone who had the nerve to try her own breast milk, might I say that its damn good. Much better than the bovine variety. Its much sweeter in case you are curious.

    And I know this is very bizarre and all - but when you have been hooked up to your child for 16 hours a day (and that is no exaggeration) for three months, weird thoughts come into your head. And then sometimes I act on them. I'll chalk it to the prolactin...a marvy hormone that makes you all wonky and relaaaxed.

    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't want just anybody's antibodies floating around in _my_ milk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try not to think to much about the source of much of what I put into my mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My step-grandson recently found out where regular milk comes from.

    I quote:

    "You mean THAT's what I've been drinking?!?!?"

    I just find it amazing that people are willing to drink something that's been squeezed from a cow...now another person...you're in for one hell of a marketing battle

    ReplyDelete