Saturday, August 20, 2005

Pack and Move - - Step 1 (T-Minus 6 Months)

An old friend will be moving in with us soon, the sage and illustrious Key Player, (a music expert - I dare you to ask her a question she can't answer) of Thought Riot Party fame.

This prompts us into cleaning out the spare room, which over the past two years has become a clogged dumping ground for the exercise bike, overflowing bookshelves, old computer components, everything that we don't use every day.

The prompting is a good thing, since we'll be moving and have to go through all of that crap anyway. Most of the extra stuff, we'll be getting rid of one way or another.

Until we get rid of this crap, the rest of the apartment is going to get pretty cluttered. Hopefully this will motivate me to get rid of it sooner.

In the end, we're not losing a guest room, we're gaining thousands of MP3's. Woot!

2 comments:

  1. I hate moving. Moving to live in another country, with only an 80lb luggage allowance can do that to you.

    Now I look at the clutter in this house, and when I think about moving, I just shudder and force myself to think about something else until the shivering stops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that's why, I too, hate moving

    ReplyDelete