Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Running Late: Time Travel Post

I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I got too busy.
If only I had a time machine...

The other night, during the aforementioned Time Travel program that gave Cindy a (virtual) migraine, we were chatting about how some time travel could be ineffectual.

If I went back in time one week, I wouldn't be able to improve my situation any. Nothing important happened in my life during the last 7 days. I don't keep up to date on news or sports really. I don't know any winning sports teams or lottery numbers. So making big bucks gambling wouldn't be a factor.

Unless I could find a hypnotist. Surely I was exposed to some useful factoids that my brain has dutifully stored, which I am unaware of. The hypnotist could help me remember. Then he and I could place some bets and clean up.

I guess this is just another reason to keep abreast of news...

3 comments:

  1. You know, this thought keeps me sane. I mean the part about our brains storing material that may be accessed later (cause I can't access some of my own memories right now & it's freaking me out!)--but they are there, right??! It's just stress--right??!


    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, it's all still in your head somewhere. Try aromatherapy.

    Hope your stress level improves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brain takes everything in, and then provides you with a summary.

    After all, if you noticed every detail around you, you'd be buried under mountains of sensory data.

    I'm not sure you actually remember EVERYTHING though. I mean, no one actually knows, but if you remember every detail, the human brain must have one HELL of storage sytem.

    Maybe the coneheads can tho...

    ReplyDelete