Friday, October 28, 2005

Dear Apple,

After hearing about the lawsuits regarding the easily-scratched iPod Nano, I decided to come forward. When you have to treat a $200-$250 piece of electronics with care for fear of damaging it, it's time to blame the company that designed it.

I'm going to have to sue as well. I'm having issues with my iPod Shuffle. It's become - how to say it - stinky.

I've been using the Shuffle in a completely normal way for the past nine months, and suddenly a decided FUNK has begun to emanate from the unit.

Has the battery spoiled? Was it made of inferior materials? Was I supposed to keep it refrigerated? The instructions didn't say anything about refrigeration.

After wearing it every day to the gym, the cloth neck strap has recently begun to reek with a sour vinegar smell. I take a shower every day, so clearly the smell isn't coming from me.

Perhaps the strap should have been impregnated with anti-funk nanocrystals or some such. I haven't found anything about stinky straps on the Apple Forums. Am I the only one with a problem? I doubt it!! So I can only assume Apple is keeping this quiet by deleting all mention of the issue.

I mean - if this got out, if the public knew that they would be expected to wash, protect and otherwise care for their electronics, Apple would be in big trouble.

6 comments:

  1. Thats where they store the brain alterning drugs. Its a type of Lysergic acid that forces people to stop purchasing microsoft products. Unfortunately, the smell is so bad that apple wonders if it will really fly..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Great theory.

    When they eventually develop the lemon-scented version, we're all in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The showering evey day must have de-activated the non-skunk-funk nano chip located in the left panel; nevertheless, you are certainly entitled to a fortitude of well deserved mountains of cash.

    I hear a legal info-mercial is in the works in your area . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should've got an iRiver - they are specially treated to smell as sweet as a summer meadow, no matter what you get up to.

    That's a lie, I have no idea. I just know that i hate EVERYTHING about apples, macs, anything to do with this company that places style and design above functionality. Horrible, horrible computers and stylised music products that aren't nearly as good as others on the market, but have the benefit of loads of advertising. I HATE THEM. I once had a crappy 486 running Windows 2000 that was loads more reliable and a lot faster than the so called top of the range iMac that was mercifully stolen from my office. Useless things are only good as doorstops - big ones at that.

    Grrr.

    I've a mind to spend £150 on an iRiver or Creative Zen just to say "No, I went for this, it's much better than that", even though I don't really want or need one. Well, I want one, but I don't need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on Brother.

    My laptop screwed up, and fujitsu refused to pay be half a million in compensation, just because I threw it out of a 4th story window, put it in the microwave, and left it under a powerful electromagnet for a week and a half.

    Having to take CARE of expensive electronics? What's next?

    Oh, and Tina, I'd much prefer something from creative than apple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the dark truth about Apple that they don't want you to know: they make their electronics out of kitten parts.

    If you don't ever hear from me again, you'll know that Steve Jobs had me silenced.

    ReplyDelete